2018-02-02 14:54:56 编辑：无 浏览：(50次)
1. School teachers used to be the source of information; however, some people argue that teachers are not as important as before as the increasing variety of information resources. What is your opinion?
2. Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
3. Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes(for example, working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to your children). To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people think that the main purpose of school is to turn children to good citizens and workers, rather than benefit them as individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Most governmental money should be invested in teaching science rather than any other subjects in order for a country to develop and progress. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Films and computer games containing violence are popular now. Some people think that they have a negative effect on society and should be banned. Other people think that they are just a harmless relaxation. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
7. If a product is of good quality and meet people’s needs, people will buy it. Therefore, advertising is unnecessary and is no more than a type of entertainment. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Now environmental problems are serious, ordinary people can do less to improve this issue, so governments and large companies should be responsible for reducing the damage. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Many people think that cheap air travel should be encouraged because it gives ordinary people freedom to travel further. However, others think that this leads to environmental problems, so air travel should be more expensive in order to discourage people from having it. Discuss the both sides and give your own opinion.
10. In today’s society, more and more work is done by machines. Do you think that the positive effects of the development overweigh the negative effects on individuals and society?
11. Statistics suggest that nowadays an increasing number of crimes are committed by the young people. What are its cause and how can we solve this problem?
12. Some people think that all lawbreakers should be taken into prison, others believe that there are better alternatives. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
13. For some students from poor families, it is a tough mission to attend college nowadays. Some believe that it is government’s obligation rather than individual duty to pay the tuition fees. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Some people think that governments should spend money on measures to save languages with few speakers from dying out completely. Others think that this is a waste of financial resources. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
15. The movement of people from agricultural areas to cities to work can cause serious problems in both places. What are the serious problems and what measures can be taken to solve this problem?
16. A hundred years ago, people thought that human race was steadily improving in every area of life. Now it seems this is not certain in that situation. In which areas do you think we have made important progress nowadays? In which areas do you think we still need to make progress?
17. Some people believe that the charity organization should give aids to those in greatest need, wherever they live. Some people believe that the charity organizations would better concentrate on helping people who live in their own country instead. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
18. When designing a building, the most important thing to take into account is the intended use of the building rather than its outward appearance. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. International travel often leads people to have some prejudices rather than broad-minded. What are the main reasons of this phenomenon? What do you think people can do to get better understanding of the countries they visit?
20. Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
21. As countries develop, their populations tend to live individually or in small family units. In your opinion, what are the causes? What effects does it have on society?
22. Modern lifestyle makes many people hard to lead active and healthy lives. what are the causes? How to suggest the governments and other large companies to help them do more physical exercise?
23. In many countries, more and more young people are leaving school and unable to find jobs after graduation. What problems do you think youth unemployment will cause to the individuals and the society? Give reasons and make some suggestions.
24. Air transport is increasingly used to export various types of fruits and vegetables to countries where those plants cannot grow or are out of season. Some say that it is a good thing, but others consider this use of air transport cannot be justified. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
25. Students are now sent to boarding schools and even other countries (away from home, to study and live on their own). This has become more and more common in many countries. What are the reasons for this? Is it a positive development?
26. People can perform everyday tasks, such as shopping and banking as well as business transactions, without meeting other people face-to-face. What are the effects of this on individual and society as a whole?
27. Many people are busy with work and do not have enough time to spend with families and friends. Why does this happen? What are the effects to the whole family and society?
28. As the number of cars increases, more money has to be spent on road systems. Some people think the government should pay for this. Others, however, think that the user should pay for the cost. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
29. Some people think that children should obey the rules or do what their parents and teachers want them to do. Other people think that children controlled too much cannot deal with problem alone. Discuss both views and state your own opinion.
30. Some countries have an ever-increasing proportion of population who are aged 15 and younger. What is your opinion of the current and future effects it may have in those countries?
1. Reading for pleasure can better develop one’s imagination and language skills than watching TV can. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
2. Caring for children is probably the most important thing of the society. It is suggested that all mothers and fathers should be required to take the childcare training courses. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement?
3. Some people think shops should not be allowed to sell any food and drinks which are proved to be scientifically harmful for people’s health. Do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people think ‘vertical’ city is the best, where people live and work in tall buildings. Others think ‘horizontal’ city is better, where there is few tall buildings. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
5. Some people say that it is better to teach language students in small classes, others think the number of people does not matter. Discuss and give your own opinion.
6. Some think most crime is the result of circumstances e.g. poverty and other social problems. Others believe that most crime is caused by people who are bad by nature. Discuss both View and give your own opinion.
7. Some people think that it is not necessary to travel to other places to learn about other cultures, because we can learn as much as from books, films and internet. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. More people are using mobile (cell) phones and computers to communicate. Therefore, people are losing the ability to communicate with each other face to face. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people think younger people are not suitable for important positions in governments. Some think it will be a good idea for younger people to take on these positions. Do you agree or disagree?
10. Some countries achieve international sporting success by building specialized sport facilities for top athletes to train instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
11. With the large demand of energy sources of oil and gas，should people looking for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched places? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of damaging such area?
12. Some people believe that if a police force carries a gun, it will encourage higher levels of violence in the whole society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Many young people who leave school hold a negative attitude towards learning. Why does this happen? What do you think would encourage them to have a positive attitude?
14. Employers should give its staff at least four weeks’ holiday a year as employees can be better at their work. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. It is important for all towns and cities to have large public spaces like squares and parks, do you agree or disagree?
16. Some people believe that printed books are no longer necessary in this digital era as all writings can be stored electronically. Others think that printed books still play an important role. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
17. Some people think that all young people should be required to stay in full-time education until they are at least 18 years old. To some extent do you agree or disagree?
18. Some people think the main reason for success is hard work and determination. While other people think factors like money and personal appearance are also important. Discuss both views and give your own opinions.
19. Some people believe that the best way to produce a happier society is to ensure that there only small differences between the richest and the poorest members. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. Some people think the best way to solve traffic congestion in cities is to provide free public transport 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To what extent do you agree or disagree?